"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6
Sunday, August 3, 2008
The Farm
It was a long drive but a nice trip to see family and give Thomas a chance to explore the farm again... I believe the highlight for him was driving the mower. :-)
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." II Corinthians 12:9
"but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15b
Have you ever had those moments when you are talking to someone and all of the sudden an expression on their face or a look in their eye reminds you so much of someone else you are almost taken back to another time and place before you realize it? I think it happens the most with family and close friends - you see a cousin that all of a sudden seems to morph into an aunt with a particular phrase - or you catch yourself acting out a mannerism or gesture that makes it feel like your mother took over your body for a minute. I always am amused by these moments. Certain phrases come out of my mouth and I swear I heard myself for a second as Marti or Emmie... or I feel my facial expression change and know Jenny just took control of my face for a minute... or I hear myself on the answering machine and have to listen again to realize it isn't my mom's or Megan's voice but my own. I love these little moments - these seconds frozen in time where for that instant you have that person next to you and know that on some level they will be a part of you forever. I have one of these flashes - these mental photo album moments - that I will treasure above all others and it is a gift that CJ gives me without even realizing it. He has so many facial expressions and all of them inspire a reaction from others, be it amusement or laughter or empathy, but there is one expression he gets that for me has an extra special meaning. There are times when all is quiet and I just happen to look over at him and see him watching me with eyes so tender and wise they seem out of place on one so young. It is in these moments I would swear he is looking at me through Mama's eyes, and in that moment - that brief second hanging in the air - I have her with me once more, and I treasure those moments - those precious moments when I can share CJ with his MeMa - more than anyone will ever know.
I am a SAH / Home schooling mom married to the most wonderful man God could have led me to and blessed with three beautiful boys - each with unique personalities and all bringing a variety of challenges to every day life.
No comments:
Post a Comment