Well, I just got Coeby back to bed after his 5:00am meal and figured I would sit and type for few minutes before the house comes alive with today's activites - especially since this is the quietest my house is ever likely to be. :-)
I don't know what is up with Coeby this weekend, but he has gone from eating once in the middle of the night to twice a night the past few nights. Here I am hoping we are working toward him actually sleeping through the night, and he goes backwards on us. LOL - my children! Maybe it's a growth spurt. What can I say? That boy is huge! Oh, he is not fat by any means, but he is actually sizing age/clothing appropriate. He weighed 16lbs 7oz at this six month appt last week and was just under the 50% for height/weight. I don't think T or Cj ever made it out of the 5% until T was Four years old. CJ is still small and will probably always be. See - I'm used to the small kids a few sizes behind! I keep joking that Coeby and CJ will be sharing clothes soon (and they proabbly will). :-)
Thomas will finish first grade this Thursday. (Yea!) I think we are both looking forward to it. Home schooling is challenging and wonderful all at the same time, but as much as we enjoy it, I think T and I both have felt spring fever kicking in these last few weeks. Thomas is really doing well, and I think he will end up with A's in all of his subjects for this year - and mommy is a pretty tough grader. The next four days will be the longest as far a material to do and loose ends to tie up, but Friday will be so rewarding. :-) Jason is even taking the day off so he and T can have a play day to put together T's new trampoline. (It was his end of first grade/ welcome to the new house that actually has a backyard treat.)
I have already gotten T's curriculum for next year, and it is so funny for both of us to be so ready for summer on one hand and giddy with excitement looking over all he gets to do next year on the other. I will be doing more structured preschool stuff with CJ as well next year. He has really made some strides forward in the last 6 months or so.
CJ repeats everything he hears these days - not always accurately, but close enough that you can tell what he is saying if you listen carefully. I know his verbal language skills still have a long way to go, but as far as communication, even his ST is impressed with his signing ability. We have 28 Signing Time DVDs at last count, and CJ still loves them as much as the day we first introduced them to him. I honestly think he memorizes a lot of the signs the first time he watches each new DVD. :-) Mommy has some catching up to do - Yikes!
CJ has also started to really play interactively with others these past few months, and he is beginning to follow directions somewhat as well. So many of us working with C can see his brain working behind those eyes of his and know there is so much more he understands than what he communicates. I think we are just waiting to see if it is just a personality (as in "in my own timing") thing or actually a developmental impairment that is hindering his responsive/ following directions skills.
CJ also just got new articulated SMOs to help him jump any last hurdles in learning to walk. The SMOs don't seem to bug him as much as the AFOs did, and he is adjusting to them fairly well. Hopefully this will give him just enough stability in his ankles to be more confidant about taking those first steps on his own.
Well, I can hear stirrings in the house, so I guess I will go start laying things out for the day before I end up with my hands full. :-)
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment