Monday, June 23, 2008

My Rubberband Boy

Well, a couple months ago we had CJ's fourth annual Geneticist appt. He did well and I believe they were pleased with his progress and our course of action regarding therapy etc.

During the appointment, I was holding CJ as usual and he had put his feet up by his face as he often does, so I was just holding him in that position ... when he decided to basically slip his upper body through his legs. CJ's geneticist ran to get her camera so she could take a pic of him to use with her students as she tries to explain how flexible some of these children are.



Since she was so impressed with that move we decided to put CJ on the floor and let him show her what we call his fussy position - i.e. the pretzel position he puts himself in when he is disgruntled and fussing.



He pulled it off "fussy" face and all. :-p
(He was tired, so fussy came naturally, but I think he was working towards his Emmy nomination too. All we have to do is mimic him whining and the lip comes out and he goes into pitiful mode right then and there. LOL ... and yes, Mom, I know he inherited the theatre gene honestly. :-p)

I had shared this story with a few, but asked the doctor to email me the pics she took so I could actually share them with you as well. The weirdest thing is this really doesn't hurt CJ - he can literally put his feet back there without using his arms ... and yes, it is as odd to watch as it sounds - especially when you glance back while driving and see your child riding in his carseat with his feet behind his head!

We have had him looked at twice by his orthopedist (x-rays and all) to make sure everything is where it should be, and he has passed everything. He just really is a "rubberband boy" as he has been nicknamed by his doctors...

No comments: