Monday, June 2, 2008

Virus ... round two?

Well, I was thinking that we were all better this weekend. Everyone actually felt pretty good on Saturday and it seemed we were over the hump until ...

Brascoe missed a dose or two of his reflux medicine over the course of being sick and has been spitting up his bottles for the past day or so. (It takes about 4 days to get him back on track after just one missed dose.) This combined with his low appetite means he is taking only about a third of what he usually does per feeding, so I am really having to watch him to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. As of this morning Brascoe started with loose diapers too so there is one more concern. Hopefully this will pass quickly and be the last phase.

CJ had a couple of good days but started acting like his mouth was hurting again Sunday afternoon and would not eat. Motrin is not helping very much, and I would say the only thing I have gotten in him (other than milk or juice) in the past 24 hrs has been some yogurt and some vanilla icecream. CJ also started with the bad diapers this afternoon. He gets dehydrated very easily so I am back to holding and bottle feeding him to make sure he stays hydrated. Say a prayer for that as he is pretty pale this afternoon.

T seems completely back to normal. :-)

No comments: