As much as I hate the boys being sick, there was something nice that came out of last week's illness. Our week suddenly had a lot of freedom to it. T had finished school, CJ couldn't have therapy, and we had no appoinments ... so I actually had a week where we could do whatever we wanted to whenever we wanted to. We could sleep in if the boys needed it. They could all take naps without me having to wake them up. We even took a couple days just to grab some milkshakes and movies and go to Aunt Jenny's and hang out since her kids were all sick with the same thing - granted this was more of a laying around low tone day instead of a play day - but it was still something we don't get to do much in our typical week.
I realized the other day as we finished up T's school year and counted down to summer that I was thinking of summer like it would be this huge wonderful break ... and then I thought again ... yes, T would be out of school which is nice, but CJ will still have 4 therapy/EI sessions a week plus any of the kids' doctor's appts. Not that I don't love CJ's therapists and not that I don't think CJ gets a lot out of these sessions, I guess I was just lamenting the fact that the only time we get "normal" weeks is if we are out of town or sick.
Sometimes I just wish we had a little more freedom to plan our days and the kids had more days to just be normal brothers without being reminded of their differences.
Okay ... enough lamenting.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment